You'll receive the Canadian Education Savings Grant (CESG) grant for the calendar year in which you make the contribution. If you don't contribute enough to receive the maximum $500 grant in a given year, the unused amount can be carried forward to future years. You can catch up on one year at a time - so each year, you can receive the $500 grant for that year plus up to $500 for a previous year.
Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs)
- What's an RESP & How it Works
- What is an RESP? Why should I open one?
- Does Mercer Invest Wise offer Registered Education Savings Plans (RESPs)?
- What is the Canada Learning Bond (CLB) and how do I apply?
- Who is considered to be the Primary Caregiver (PCG)?
- Why do I need to select a beneficiary each time I make a deposit?
- How do I add a beneficiary to my RESP?
- Does Mercer Invest Wise charge any special fees or enforce different minimums or lock-in periods for RESPs?
- Which RESP grants does Mercer Invest Wise offer?
- Is there a maximum amount I can contribute to an RESP?